After a course of steroids, certain processes will occur naturally in the body and must be fought in order not only to maintain the results obtained by taking anabolic steroids, but also to prevent negative consequences for the body.
What is Post Cycle Therapy used for?
Post cycle therapy is designed to address the following list of issues:
- decreased own testosterone production;
- increased blood cortisol levels;
- high estrogen levels;
- depressed state;
- a decrease in overall metabolic rate.
There are other equally important issues that post cycle therapy after taking steroids can address.
Among them: increased libido, establishment of natural spermatogenesis; liver recovery after the course; lower cholesterol levels; normalization of pressure. All activities must be completed comprehensively, then you can safely leave the course without loss. PCT after steroids.
When to start recovery?
It is wrong to start post cycle therapy immediately after hormone intake has ended. It is recommended to wait until the testosterone level drops below 12 nmol/l. Until this time, you can continue to take prolactin and estradiol blockers, if there are reasons for this, which are determined individually. The reason is that high prolactin and estradiol block natural testosterone production. Therefore, blockers are sometimes prescribed even during the PCT period.
What tests must be taken before the PCT course?
In order to choose the right recovery regimen after a course of steroids, you must pass several tests. Among them:
- hematology (KLA) to determine the viscosity and quality of blood and the definition of inflammatory processes;
- blood biochemistry, which will show whether it is necessary to restore the liver and kidneys;
- hormonal tests (among the mandatory LH, FSH, Testosterone, Extraradiol, Cortisol, Prolactin);
- thyroid hormone tests.
If you want to choose a diet without consulting a doctor, you need to know the disintegration time of anabolics after the cycle and start PCT only after this process is complete.
Restoration of testosterone levels
When taking anabolic steroids, one’s own testosterone production is significantly reduced. This can lead to a number of consequences, ranging from weight gain to testicular atrophy and total impotence. You will understand that the body lacks its own testosterone by the following signs:
- a decrease in muscle mass and energy; decreased sexual desire, erection problems;
- weight gain due to fat;
- mood changes;
- Decreased severity of secondary sexual characteristics.
Restoration of potency after discontinuation of steroids, as well as proper testosterone production, is possible, but only if testicular atrophy has not occurred. for this, already in the course, you need to start injecting gonadotropin. Post-cycle therapy after steroids also involves taking a number of medications, including:
- anastrozole, an estrogen blocker;
- Cabergoline – a prolactin blocker, reduces the risk of breast growth;
- Anti-estrogens such as Clomid (clomiphene citrate).
The drug aims to increase your own testosterone in the blood. Fareston or tamoxifen can be used instead of Clomid. It is important to replace that we will not be taking gonadotropin in the PCT diet after a course of steroids. Yes, it helps with recovery, but only when taking anabolic steroids or immediately after, before the main post cycle therapy.
12 Post-Cycle PCT Rules
Do not cancel post-PCT diet membership.
- deep sleep 9 hours;
- Light exercise (up to 50%) during the treatment period and at least one month after the end of treatment (increase the load as the forces arrive);
- Walk every day or every other day, for 40-60 minutes (contributes to different blood flow in the groin area);
- Recreation in nature most often is best (contributes to recovery through psychological relief and walking);
- 1-1.2 grams of fat per 1 kg of weight (do not forget about unsaturated fats);
- Reinforce the diet with foods containing zinc (poultry, meat, eggs, seeds, nuts, cocoa);
- More vegetables (especially pumpkin and avocado) and green vegetables;
- Vitamin E400me per day for one month, the second month 200ME;
- Vitamins of group B6 take 30-50 mg / day (better before meals).